Vintage Y Gold Tone Painted Necklace & Earrings Set Unsigned Marked West GermanyOther
Vintage Y Gold Tone Painted Necklace & Earrings Set Unsigned Marked West Germany
Please consider product images as part of the item's description.
This beautiful vintage set is just waiting to add some formal elegance to your wardrobe! A quaint floral pattern is the theme of each piece, presumably all painted by hand as each individual surface has its own unique look. A row of tiny faux pearls frame each portrait, gently offsetting the bright golden base. Over time, metal has dulled & succumbed to verdigris buildup (mainly underneath earring backings) and some oxidation/tarnish (prongs); picture surfaces are not smooth...unsure if a protective film was applied to help preserve the images & is wearing down, or if this is just residue buildup over time. All pieces need a careful cleaning but overall are in excellent condition for their age. Makes a great gift or add to your collection!
Please note: Quarter used in photos is for sizing comparisons only & not included with listing!
- Approximate weight: total - 51.1 grams. necklace only - 28.7 grams. earrings only - 22.3 grams
- Materials: yellow gold tone metal, craft beads (created pearl), paint
- Shape: Oval
- Necklace type: Pendant
- Clasp: spring ring
- Pendant measurements: approximately 2 inches high by approximately 1.5 inches wide
- Earrings type: clip-on
- Pierced / Non-pierced: Non-pierced
- Earring measurements: approximately 1 inch high by approximately 0.75 inches wide
- "W. Germany" stamped on back side of each piece--backwards, in the case of the pendant
Thanks for shopping local! American Antiques & Jewelry is family-owned and located in Green Bay, WI. Check out our large selection of vintage fashion & costume jewelry, along with a wide variety of more unique items!